WICKS OF WATER ORTON HAND-POURED SOY CANDLES WILL BURN FOR 30 HOURS OR MORE. HOWEVER, TAKING CARE OF YOUR SCENTED SOY CANDLE WILL HELP TO ENSURE THAT IT LASTS FOR THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TIME AND THAT THE SCENT REMAINS CONSISTENT, RIGHT UNTIL THE VERY LAST BURN.
It is most important to TRIM YOUR WICK to 5mm / 0,5cm before your first burn and allow the melt pool to reach the edge of the jar. Then extinguish the candle at least every 4 hours, allow it to reach room temperature and trim again to 5mm / 0,5cm. This prolong your candle andelimiates excess soot.
Important safety instructions from The British Candlemakers Federation;
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Burn candle out of reach of children and pets
- Always leave 10cm between burning candles
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire (especially curtains and blinds)
- Do not place candles in a draught
- Do not place candles near a source of heat (including the TV)
- Place candles in a flat upright position
- Trim wick to 5mm / 0,5cm before burning
- Always snuff out the flame. Do not blow it out.
- Use the glass candle plate provided or a suitable equivalent candle holder
- Keep the wax pool clear of matches and other debris to avoid flaring
- Only use tea light in holders and warming stoves with sufficient ventilation
- Do not move a burning candle
- Never use a liquid to extinguish